Wabco TailGUARD: Rear blind spot detection system
Keywords: Wabco, Safety, Reversing, Rear, Blind Spot, Soft Dock
Rear blind spot detection system that automatically stops the trailer
Rear blind spot detection system that automatically stops the trailer in the event of an imminent collision.
TailGUARD technology increases vehicle safety during reversing operations by detecting small, large, static and moving objects in the blind spot behind the vehicle and automatically brakes the trailer.
- Helps the driver to safely reverse in limited visibility conditions
- Helps to avoid accidents while reversing
- Helps to avoid trailer damage and associated costs related to trailer downtime
- Helps to avoid damage to unloading facilities
- Compliant with ISO 12155 norm for reversing systems for commercial vehicles
- Can be retrofitted with Trailer EBS E Premium version 2 (2011) or higher
- Automatically brakes the trailer while reversing within 20"-78" / 50-200cm from objects and walls located in the rear blind spot
- Automatically activated when the driver shifts into reverse
- Uses up to six ultrasonic sensors to measure distance to objects behind the trailer
- Automatically warns the driver by pulsing the brakes when the reversing speed is higher than 5.6 mph / 9 km/h
- Works with the WABCO Trailer Remote Control in the truck cab to display the distance to objects behind the trailer and sounds an alert when the trailer comes within the pre-programmed distance of an object
- Stopping distance can be programmed between 20"-78" / 50-200cm
Disclaimer: Third Party Content
This web page makes information of third parties available. The third party content is not created or endorsed by Don-Bur. The provision of third party content is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation or solicitation to purchase or make any other type of investment or investment decision. The third party content is obtained from sources believed to be reliable and no guarantees are made by Don-Bur or the providers of the third party content as to its accuracy, completeness or timeliness. Don-Bur shall not be held liable for any investment decision or other transaction based on reliance on or use of such data, or any liability that may arise due to delays or interruptions in the delivery of the third party content for any reason. There is no warranty of merchantability, no warranty of fitness for a particular use and no warranty of non-infringement. There is no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding third party content.